Thursday, December 01, 2022

After Christmas 2021

As I have been doing for a number of years now, I like to highlight some of the items that I shared out after Christmas last year for the benefit of those who prefer to tune out after the big day and go back to bland non-holiday music. I didn't go on for too long last year, mostly because I started the Christmas From 78 series on January first, and never really looked back. That has been going on weekly for the whole year now, so if you haven't gone back and grabbed all those, be sure to get 'em while they're hot!

Right after Christmas last year, I shared out an EP from Kent Bowman, most of which was Hawaiian Christmas stories. Pretty interesting stuff.

Next up was a remaster of an old favorite featuring barbershop choruses singing Christmas.

I followed that up with a rare late-career single by Vaughn Monroe featuring songs about skiing.

Then came another remaster, this time from some South American missionaries called Christmas At Quito.

After that was a Christmas story about someone named Silver Spurs

And then to wrap up 2021, I gave you a really odd LP from T.C. Stubblefield that I'm still not too sure about.

This gospel LP came out right after I started the 78s flowing. Interesting song choices here, not depressing at all.

 I followed that up with a collection of random sides from 45s. Always something interesting in collections like this, at least for me.

Next was a single from Bucky Pizzarelli, noted jazz artist. I'm not a big jazz kinda guy, but Christmas is all about different types of music to me, so enjoy!

That single was followed by another single, this time a gospel sound from Cassietta George.

And then there was a weird EP that's a little out of the ordinary for this blog. Not at all family friendly, I had to add a bit of black bar to the cover, but the unexpurgated version is in the download, if you're worried.

Next came a re-encode of a children's Christmas album from the mind of none other than Tammy Faye Baker.

And bringing up the rear, but probably one of the best things I shared last year, this is rock music for Christmas from Boston (the city, not the band).

Like I said, I didn't go too far after Christmas last year as I switched to the Christmas from 78s on New Year's Day. I would have normally gone a few more weeks, but I had to spend a lot of time with those slabs of shellac and there wasn't time to do much else. Hope you enjoy this brief recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...