Sunday, January 02, 2022

Post Christmas Joy

This is probably the very last record I recorded for the season, and it really wasn't meant to be. My buddy Der Bingle had shared out a mono version at his blog earlier in the season, and then I happened to stumble across a stereo copy in my archives. He'd had some trouble getting a good rip, so I figured I'd go ahead and do mine so he could hear the music at it's best. It's a gospel record, and it's probably not my favorite record of the year, but it's certainly not the worst. I know I'm not building it up very well, but it's late in the season and I figure if you're still around now, you'll listen to just about anything. This is Bob Parks And The Evangelaires Accompanied By Harold De Cou-Joy At Christmas (Diadem/Singcord (Zondervan) DLP 251, Stereo). Great cover though! I think that's what initially drew me to this record.

1. Joy At Christmas
2. Shepherd Song
3. Sleep Holy Child
4. Greatest Treasure
5. Silent Night
6. Go Tell It On The Mountain
7. O Holy Night
8. Mary's Boy Child
9. Would You Feel Lost In Bethlehem
10. Born To Die

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Ernie! Yep - the cover art is great indeed. Now our readers can have a choice - mono, stereo, a custom playlist alternating, whatever....

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The album title track is nice. I'll probably use it in an upcoming mix one year. Thanks for keeping things going, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I figure if you're still around now, you'll listen to just about anything." Maybe! Does this involve bell ringers, organists, or kiddie choirs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, folks, hope you enjoy the stereo sound here.

    And Buster, no, it does not include bell ringers, organs or kiddie choirs! I wish though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dichotomy of an album called 'JOY At Christmas' with a track called 'Born To DIE' ����

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys, I just stumbled across this. My sister went to GRSBM about this time and I’m trying to find some of their music. I found some of the original records on Amazon and EBay but they want something like $50-$60 for them. Can you or any your readers help me. Just amateur duplicate copies would be great. My email address is Skwllms8 @gmail.com. Thanks for any help. If there are any alumni reading this I found old yearbooks from the school that I could direct you to. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, not sure what GRSBM is, or what it has to do with this post. Could you be a little more clear as to what you're looking for?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...