Saturday, February 26, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 9

Almost through with February and the 78s just keep coming! The haul from The Internet Archive was extra big this month, over 60 new titles, which means I have more songs in my folder to share than I started out the year with. And that means there might be some super-sized shares coming your way, or maybe some extra weeks to bring out total to more than 52. I haven't really decided what to do yet, but I'll figure out something to get all these great songs out to you. In the meantime, why don't you jump in and help yourself to this week's share, a great set of ten tunes, including something written by Dick Leibert, but not recorded by him. You never know what you'll find at The Internet Archive!

MEGA

In other news, I replaced the faucet on the kitchen sink. Turns out that I didn't need to because I found a screen deep inside the mechanism that was almost totally clogged up, but I didn't know it was there. I thought the cartridge was plugged up and I couldn't get it out to replace it. So I just started over again. The process was rather straightforward until I couldn't find the special wrench they used to install it. That necessitated a second trip to the hardware store, but they didn't have what I needed. I got a deep-well socket set instead, but they weren't deep enough. I went hunting through my old toolbox, and found a short stubby wrench that did the trick. Second trip was necessitated when I got close to the end and wound up trying to connect a 3/8" female end to a 1/2" female end. That trip forced me to come home empty handed when I couldn't find a likely adapter and I realized I wasn't sure of the thread types. Next morning, armed with a little more info, I went to a new hardware store and came home with a handful of adapters to do the trick. Sure enough, everything screwed together and worked fine until I turned the water on, and water sprayed everywhere out of my new joints. After a few tries, I discovered a discovered a washer on the old hardware that wasn't on the new hardware. A few more tries and I figured out how the washer was supposed to work. At that point, everything worked after only being screwed together hand-tight. Which matched the way I took it apart, actually. I was poking around and it came apart when I turned it with my fingers. That's why I jumped in thinking the whole thing would take half an hour. Eighteen hours later, we put the kitchen back together and enjoyed the new free-flowing faucet. Next up, the Insinkerator! It's been frozen up and leaking through a cracked casing for years. I gotta attack it while I'm feeling brave. :)