Sunday, January 22, 2017

Volume Two-Ten Years On

Continuing on from last week, here is the second volume of For Hi-Fi Living, a collection of mid-century music that's sure to be of interest to those of you who are interested in such things.  This week is a virtual Mitchell Parish festival, he co-writes five of the twelve tracks.  Other than that, there's only the vaguely defined theme of romance.  Our conductor this week is Tony Osborne and the interludes are provided by harps instead of pianos.  Other than that, it's pretty much business as usual.  As I remember the series, things don't get interesting until later on, and interesting is very subjective in this usage.  First shared back in 2007, here is the remastered Tony Osborne And His Orchestra-Hands Across The Table (RCA Custom RAL-1002, Mono, 1957).

1. Hands Across The Table
2. Girl Of My Dreams
3. I've Got The World On A String
4. I Surrender Dear
5. Serenade In The Night
6. Stars Fell On Alabama
7. Belle Of The Ball
8. Take Me In Your Arms
9. I Can't Give You Anything But Love
10. That's My Desire
11. Sweet Lorraine
12. I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You

Zippyshare

9 comments:

  1. This is of interest to me because I am interested in such things. Nice transfer on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is a bit noisy in spots. Not much I could do for it, but it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my musical life has been an arduous journey. and offerings such as this would have me consign myself to burial in an elevator... were it not for the fear that, long before any music, a taped mechanical voice would come on and say, "going down".



    good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ernie, I got all twelve of these from you ten years ago, and I still have them, but as you have re-ripped them at a higher bitrate I'm going to be replacing them with your new posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping you would re-share these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of the wonderful music, Earnie! I've enjoyed so many albums from your site. Would you be willing to repost links for the Hi-Fi Living series? Most of these Zippy links have expired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://mega.nz/#!8EE32A5T!ze16Xut70TX0WVhY-W0N2ZPn9Mk0oGH7_rotKypP_2w

    New link for 2020!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...