Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Slow Down, It's Christmas

A nice little gospel tinged single here from an unknown-to-me singer I got as part of an eBay lot last year. I love finding Christmas records from people I've never heard of before, and I think this is a good one. You'll like it if you give it a try. It's very slow and soulful, just the sort of thing for a quiet Christmas Eve by the tree. I know you'll have to wait almost twelve months for that to be the setting at this point, but put it in a special folder and don't forget to listen next season. This is Cassietta George-The Greatest Gift b/w Silent Night (Audio Arts! 7" 45 RPM 60,004, Mono, 1966). Enjoy!

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. Another excellent find! Of course, I always was a singles guy. And, man, I gotta find me a thrift store that carries vinyl (at this point, I'd be happy to find a local record store that still carries old vinyl).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up her full Christmas lp. I love it. I first heard her version of Silent Night on an episode of Mr Robot and sought out the album. It's a hidden gem most people don't know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob-Oh, wow, I forgot this was from an album! I would claim I never knew, but I just checked and it's in my wantlist at Discogs. :) Maybe I'll stumble across a copy some day.

    Stubby-The singles are hard to find at record stores, and impossible to find at thrift stores on a consistent basis. I've had to resort to eBay and Discogs to bulk up my 45 collection. Still only buying the cheap stuff, but at least I can find new stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...