Saturday, January 01, 2022

Hello 2022!

Hello! And let me be among the first to welcome you to 2022! Here in the future, we don't have to worry about all the things that troubled us in 2021, or 2020 before that. Well, who am I kidding? By the time you read this, it'll be the present, or even the past, and I'm sure nothing much will have changed. But as a sign of my faith in 2022, I'm going to start a new series. I'm going to try to post a new set of Christmas music from 78s sourced from the Internet Archive every Saturday in 2022! We'll see how long I can keep that up, but it seems like a reasonable goal. I had a bunch downloaded for the 2021 Christmas season, but I didn't have them all tagged and ready to go at the start of the season, and it takes a long time to do all that, so I wound up sharing exactly two songs from 78 during the season. I've got plenty of them in the pile now to last a while, and I'm working on more every day. No reason I can't keep this series up for a while with minimal trouble. I may need a bit of encouragement once in a while, so be sure to leave me a comment now and then, please. No rhyme or reason to what's coming, just a big pile of records. As I did in 2020, I'm just going to load up the scans so you can see what's in the pile. I'm too lazy to type it all in (which I will regret later when I can't find things, but so be it). Ten sides per post, unless there's some reason for a different number. Watch and see how I do!  Here's the first set, enjoy! And happy 2022!

MEGA

Edit-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. The Lancers, Vocal Quartet With Orchestra & Chorus Directed By Van Alexander-I Wanna Do More Than Whistle (Under The Mistletoe)
2. Bob Houston With Sanford Gold Orchestra Featuring Johnny Smith & Bobby Hackett-It's Christmas Every Day (When You're In Love)
3. Sid Phillips And His Orchestra-Vocalist: Jill Allen-Little Jack Frost Get Lost
4. Johnny Maddox And The Rhythmasters-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
5. Hank Williams And His Guitar-The First Fall Of Snow
6. Selah Jubilee Singers-When Was Jesus Born
7. Song Spinners And Larry Fotine And His Orchestra-Christmas In Killarney
8. Kenny Roberts With Instrumental Accompaniment-Elfie The Elf
9. Johnny Lane With Lane Quartet-Hello Mr. Snowman
10. Edmundo Ros And His Rhumba Band, Vocalist: Edmundo Ros-Jingle Bells Calypso









9 comments:

  1. This is FANTASTIC (well, maybe not Elfie the Elf)!

    What a wonderful New Year's surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2022 is looking better already! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh crap. there is some great stuff in here. i was hoping to catch up on everything you shared up through this Christmas when the posts slow down... doesn't look like that is going to happen. truth be told, i'm not sure i'm caught up on your 2020 shares yet. thanks for everything Ernie, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I was done with Christmas 'til next year... Thx for this nice batch of Xmas 78s with a coupla curveballs tossed in for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, totally stoked for this unexpected batch of Internet Archive gems! Thanks, and Happy New Year to you Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments, folks! I'm already working on part two for this promised series, so it should make it at least that far. :) And I always love to share a mix of the usual and the unusual. The volume of rips at The Internet Archive allows me to find and share a wide range of stuff, so I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...