Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Quito Revisited

Next up in my short stack of remasters is this record full of singing missionaries in Ecuador. I found a new copy of the record this year, but I've been sharing this with you for a long time now. I stumbled across that new copy about three months ago, and they actually had two copies in the little thrift store for some reason. Well, they had two sleeves, but only one record. I probably should have grabbed the other sleeve since this one has the address label on it, but I thought maybe that added some character, especially since the address is in Bolivia. Of minor interest to collectors, this is a reissue of the original record I shared with you before. That version was on Singspiration, and this one is on Singcord, which I believe is another subsidiary of Zondervan. So that tells me that the record was popular enough to warrant a reissue at some point. And I, too, am reissuing it to you tonight. This is Christmas At Quito (Zondervan/Singcord ZLP-546, Mono, 1960). That date of 1960 comes from the RCA pressing info off the old copy. Not sure of the date for this reissue, but 1960 is close enough for our purposes. Enjoy!

1. HCJB Radio Staff Choral Ensemble-Fanfare
2. Vern Van Hovel And Joe Springer-Come To Bethlehem (Adorad Al Nino)
3. Gene Jordan-O Come, All Ye Faithful
4. HCJB Radio Staff Men's Chorus-Come, O Ye Shepherds (Venid Pastores)
5. Dolores Van Der Puy-Come To His Manger Bed
6. Jeanne Odell-Silent Night
7. HCJB Radio Staff Ensemble-Glorious Is Thy Name
8. Joe Springer-Christmas Candle
9. Dixie Dean-Joy To The World
10. Ruth Jordan-Though Christ A Thousand Times
11. Jack And Ruth Shalanko-Unto Us
12. Vern Van Hovel-Mary's Boy Child

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. As a teen in the early 1970's, HCJB was one of those powerful shortwave stations that I logged often. Listeners would send in reception reports, and for a couple International Reply Coupons, HCJB would send back a colorful postcard (QSL) verifying you did, indeed, listen to them. I assume with the advent of the Internet their radio broadcasts over the air have either ceased or have been curtailed a great deal. "HCJB - Heralding Christ Jesus' Blessings" is what they said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad is a HAM (KG4YNI), he still collects those cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...