Thursday, December 01, 2022

Granny In Stereo

Way, way, back in the day, (2010 to be exact), I shared out a mono version of this LP that you see before you. At the time, I wasn't even sure that a stereo copy existed. But it turns out that there is such a beast, and a couple years back I was able to get my hands on a copy. It's taken those couple of years to find the time to rip and scan it, but I finally finished it up this year for you. I've chopped it up into different tracks than I did last time, going by the banding on the LP, which is also how the tracks are numbered on the labels. That means you get some music and some talking from Grandma in each track. I think you'll enjoy it more this way than the way I tried to divide it up last time. If you're looking for something really rare this Christmas, this is it. I think the sound is pretty good, and since I'm never going to locate one of the Stereo tape versions, it's unlikely to get better. Be my guest and enjoy Christmas With Grandma Moses (RCA Victor LSO-1009, Mono, 1958). I think my scans came out much better this time, too, so be sure to take a look at what's in the package. There are several pages of story in there, along with images of her artwork that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

MEGA

1. Alec Templeton's Music Boxes-One-Horse Open Sleigh,
    Grandma Moses-One-Horse Open Sleigh
2. The Ralph Hunter Choir-Jingle Bells,
    Grandma Moses-Carolers,
    The Ralph Hunter Choir-Angels We Have Heard On High-I Saw Three Ships-We Wish You A Merry Christmas
3. Alec Templeton's Music Boxes-Sweetest Story Ever Told,
    Grandma Moses-Father's Violin
4. Skitch Henderson, Hausmusik-Blue Tail Fly; Pop Goes The Weasel; Stephen Foster Melody,
    Grandma Moses-Early Songs,
    Skitch Henderson-John Brown's Body; Darling Nellie Gray,
    The Ralph Hunter Choir-Good Christian Men Rejoice
5. The Ralph Hunter Choir-The First Noel-The Twelve Days Of Christmas-Oh! Little Town Of Bethlehem
6. Alec Templeton's Music Boxes-White Wings,
    Grandma Moses-On Painting Snow Scenes
7. Skitch Henderson, Hausmusik-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen; Lovely Evening; Over The Hills To Grandmother's House,
    The Ralph Hunter Choir-Over The Hills To Grandmother's House,
    Grandma Moses & Alec Templeton's Music Boxes-Silent Night
8. The Ralph Hunter Choir-Silent Night,
    Grandma Moses & Alec Templeton's Music Boxes-Silent Night (Reprise)

7 comments:

  1. Great nostalgia here. I was hopeful that you might find a stereo version one year, Ernie. Stereo Grandma will make a Christmas comp of mine soon. Thank you for this and the previous gazillion shares you've prepared since Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I was finally able to get to it this year when I thought I wasn't going to have enough to share. Boy, was I mistaken about that... :)

      Delete
  2. Nice one, Ernie. I've never seen a stereo copy of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was an eBay auction where they didn't ID it as Stereo, so it kinda slipped through the cracks. There's a stereo tape version out there, too, but good luck with that!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this. I really enjoyed it the first time around!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...