Friday, December 02, 2022

A Bored Card

After that last post of a couple of flexidiscs, here's a larger selection of cardboard records. They're not actually cardboard, but they do have a layer of cardboard as a base to make them stiff. Then a thin layer of plastic is what holds the grooves that get played on the record player. The plastic is actually thinner than the flexidiscs, so I guess it's a little cheaper, and it sounds even worse. Don't expect any Christmas miracles when it comes to the sound from these things. This is quite the eclectic mix of music, I gotta tell you...

1. Billy Graham-The Peace We Seek
2. George Beverly Shea Accompanied By Tedd Smith And Don Husted And The 3000 Voice Choir In Convention Hall, Philadelphia-How Great Thou Art-A New Christmas Version
3. Lawrence Welk-Intro
4. The Lennon Sisters With Lawrence Welk And His Champagne Music Makers-Merry Christmas From Our House To Your House
5. Lawrence Welk-Outro
6. Pampers-Frosty The Snowman
7. Pampers-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
8. The Children's Choral Group-Perkins School For The Blind-The Twelve Days Of Christmas
9. The Quinto Sisters-Jingle Bells
10. Unknown Artist-Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly

MEGA










2 comments:

  1. That Lawrence Welk disc is the only one I've ever seen. Which makes me wonder why I didn't pick it up, considering my love of car promos.

    Anyway, this is a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're neat little collectibles. I'd like to find that Rosie Ford one, and there's a second Pampers one out there. I think I mentioned it elsewhere, but I got a Bing a couple weeks ago that I though was just him singing White Christmas, but there seems to be more on it. It's in rough shape though, I doubt I'll ever be able to get much from it.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...