Friday, December 02, 2022

Late Night Anita

Whooo, thought Christmas was over there for a couple of days. I couldn't get to my MEGA account from home and it was really worrying me. I spent a while thinking about it and running some tests, and I couldn't figure out the problem. Same issue in all the browsers I tested, and also on my phone. I finally decided it had to be the router or the ISP, but a reboot of the router didn't change anything. I wasn't having trouble with any other websites. Eventually, I found the blacklist for the router software, but it was empty. On a hunch, I whitelisted the domain for MEGA, and it suddenly worked again. Not sure how that fixed anything, but it did, and now I can get back to sharing Christmas music with you. This late-Friday share is a non-LP single for you from Anita Bryant-Cold Cold Winter (Columbia 7" 45 RPM 4-42257, Mono, 1961). I read somewhere that a stereo version showed up on one of her greatest hits albums, but I haven't run across a copy yet. Maybe for Christmas in July...

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. What a strange problem. I've never run across that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just happy to have found a solution. I'd hate to have missed Christmas over something so trivial.

      Delete
  2. Clearly recorded in Nashville, proabably with Don Law and Frank Jones as producers and some of the singers of the late Anita Kerr singing in the background. The steel guitar is a little too much, yet Anita does a good job with this number, adding just a touch of drama in places. Good, but not great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you're going to get until you put the needle in the groove. :)

      Delete
  3. I admire your IT skills with examining the blacklist and populating the whitelist ... and even though you did not know what happened, you created the workaround

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...