Saturday, December 03, 2022

Another Full Saturday-Part 8

Ooh, here's a good one with absolutely no Rolling Stones connection what-so-ever. Took me a bit to hunt this one down, but I don't think it's all that rare. This is The Keith Richards Orchestra-There's A Hole In My Christmas Stocking (Tiger 7" 45 RPM #151, Mono, 1965). It's the same song on both sides, but with some different overdubs. One side is all done up Chipmunk-style! And there was a nice little piece of paper stuck in the sleeve with this one. I find this sort of thing occasionally with the records I buy, and it lets me know that someone was trying hard to get this song played on the radio, even years after it's original release. Lakeland is my hometown, but I don't think that's where I found this record. Pretty sure it came from the voluminous bins at Bananas Records in St. Pete.

MEGA


2 comments:

  1. I really like the thought of Keith Richards recording "There's a Hole in My Christmas Stocking" with Doodlebug & the Hampsters.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...