Saturday, December 03, 2022

Another Full Saturday-Part 2

From singing kids, we head to the country. And I'm burying this at one in the morning and hoping I don't get any complaints about the rebel flags on the label. As a kid, I proudly flew the rebel flag and watched The Dukes of Hazzard on TV. Now I know that it represents something a bit different than I understood at the time, and I wouldn't be so flippant about it's use. As an historical artifact, there is a time and place to display it, and that place is not on your car or on a record label. But it's there, I'm not going to censor it, I'm just going to ignore it and not let it overshadow the music. This is The Country Gentlemen-Christmas Time Back Home b/w Jingle Bells (Rebel 7" 45 RPM F-264, Mono, 1966).

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...