Monday, December 04, 2023

Winnie (Not Pooh)

How about something a little more vocal now, something not involving a box playing music? I've got just the thing. Here's a nice set of traditional carols done in a folky style that's sure to soothe you after all those jangly music boxes. This is Winifred Smith-A Christmas Delight-Winifred Smith Sings The Folk Carols Of Christmas (Impact R1950 (AKA HWS-1950), Stereo, 1968). This is good stuff, I think you'll like it. Enjoy!

1. The Virgin Mary Had A Baby Boy
2. Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
3. Ye Shepherds Leave Your Flock
4. Carol Of The Bagpipers
5. I Wonder As I Wander
6. Fum, Fum, Fum
7. Pat-A-Pan
8. Medley: Rockabye Jesus; Amid The Ass And Oxen Mild; A La Nanita Nana
9. Sing A Lamb
10. Maria Walks Amid The Thorns
11. Silent Night
12. 'Twas In The Moon Of Wintertime

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. First time I hear Winie sings...I wish I had her sing me lullabies when I was a little baby Jesus myself...¦-)...lovely share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My twelfth ever Christmas-compilation. Heavily in depht of your shares, as always: https://www.dreamweapons.net/2023/12/dream-weapons-present-xmas-delights-vol.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, and my pleasure for the music! :)

      Delete
    2. How'd you get a track from this share on there so fast???

      Delete
    3. I noticed your question here after my comment below. You'll find your answer there:)

      Delete
  3. Whenever you say it's good stuff, it always is. Ernie's seal of approval.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe. Sometimes I just want to move some product. :)

      Delete
  4. Btw: I've been looking forward to this share. I loved the July-teaser "'Twas In The Moon Of Wintertime" so much, I included it on this years compilation of mine. I added 1962 as the year of recording for that song in particular - as I located the same title on her "Ethnic Folk Songs From The South"-album. But I can't be 100% certain this is the same version that's included here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that Christmas-And-A-Half teaser share. That's the second time someone has confounded me with a track I forgot I previewed. Not sure if that track was remade for this LP, but it came out much later than that other version which I think I shared during a Christmas in July once upon a time.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...