Friday, December 08, 2023

Christmas Grove

I was quite surprised by this record when I heard the music in the grooves. It's old-school twangy country music like you don't hear anymore, and it brought back some deeply repressed memories of my childhood. But that's neither here nor there. I grabbed this out of the stack because I had a few other records with the same stock cover and I wanted to share them as a theme one day. But I got bored with that idea and never ripped the rest of the pile (though I think there's one in the archives that shares this cover, if I can think of the title...) This is Bobby Grove-Songs Of Christmas-Bobby Grove Sings Christmas Songs (Oak 23401/23402, Stereo, 1968). Enjoy!

1. Christmas
2. Silent Night
3. Away In A Manger
4. Old Little Town Of Bethlehem
5. White Christmas
6. Silver Bells
7. I'll Be Home For Christmas
8. A Winter Wonderland

MEGA

18 comments:

  1. You had me at "old-school twangy country" !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the twangy stuff myself, but earlier in the day than this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of want to start a collection of albums with that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be pretty busy. I think I've got three of them grouped together, and one that's very similar but not quite the same. :)

      Delete
  4. There's a reason I don't listen to "country" music: I can't hang with the twang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having grown up listening to similar stuff, I can enjoy it sometimes. Not all the time though...

      Delete
  5. TY TY TY TY, as a Christian radio broadcaster i have been after this one for a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a known thing? I'd never heard of it, I just listened to it because the cover was the same as another record. Weird world out there...

      Delete
    2. very known, he had a huge hit called Jesus, This Is Jimmy

      Delete
    3. I did not know that. I guess I get an F on my research project...

      Delete
  6. Dear Ernie, thanks for this one, really love the old Country twang.

    Best whishes from Cologne, Gemany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I'd add Cologne to the map, but I think that was the city that I started the map with! Thanks for the note.

      Delete
  7. Thank you very much. I Put this record in my SoundslikeElvis Playlist.
    Best regards from Germany and a happy new year

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...