Tuesday, December 05, 2023

The Muffler Woman

I share a lot of records from weird places with you, but this may be the first album I've ever shared that was produced by a muffler shop. Don't believe me? Have a close look at the credits on the back and you'll see that I'm right. That doesn't mean it's not a good record, and this lady is a fine singer. Not sure why but I suspect she was married to the owner of the muffler shop, and perhaps this was a promo item they put out to customers. I mean if tire stores can do it, why not a muffler shop? This is Raine Hrovat-Rainbow Christmas (Rainbow Corporation RRCL5106, Stereo).

1. White Christmas
2. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
3. The Christmas Waltz
4. O Holy Night
5. I'll Be Home For Christmas
6. Winter Wonderland
7. You're All I Want For Christmas
8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. It apparently was produced around here and it looks familiar. But I've never heard of Rainbow Mufflers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love when something strange like this pops up out of nowhere. :)

      Delete
  2. I bet it's a vanity project for the owner's wife or such. Just a hunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely. The sort of thing that keeps it interesting around here. With stuff like this, I can post fewer high school choirs. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ernie, I too think it sounds like a vanity project like at least one other you shared.
    I seemed to think she was in her Highschool drama class and appeared in their productions. Married her high school sweetheart, or a daddy figure. Nothing wrong with any of these things, the more the merrier I would say. I hope she has had all she wanted.
    Besides, she has a fine voice, something on the musical side, i.e. musical productions.
    Maybe she was "Miss Muffler" in their advertisements, on the other hand, she looks too classy for that. I cannot picture her, after seeing her this way, in greasy overalls.
    Keep finding gems like this, they sure do offer an alternative to the polished studio releases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fancy clothes were just for the LP cover. I think I remember a credit for the furrier on the back of the LP sleeve. :)

      Delete
  4. oh, PS: I always forgo your shares of Highschool and Military shares. Maybe, I am missing something there. I will have to check a few of these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can usually skip the high school choirs (unless I say not to miss it), but the military albums are almost always really good. You're missing out if you don't give those a listen. Got a whole day full of them coming up, you don't want to miss any of them.

      Delete
  5. This was an interesting listen, I'll agree with the comments that the singer had a good voice. Someone I played it to added the comment that she might have had choral training as opposed to straight up singing training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. I'm sure she was very proud of this LP though.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...