Monday, December 04, 2023

The Son And The Moon

I didn't realize what this was until I was halfway through recording it, and I was a little shocked. I can remember growing up and hearing news reports on TV about mass marriages being conducted by some guy named Rev. Sun Myung Moon and then later he got in a lot of trouble for taking too much money out of the church he founded (though many people thought the church was more akin to a cult, calling the members Moonies). Turns out this LP was performed by members of his Unification Church, and put out as an official product of the church. I had no idea such a thing existed. Other than that little bit of backstory, there's not too much special about this release. Give a little listen to New Hope Singers International-A Gift Of Christmas (New Hope Singers International NR5248, Stereo, 1974).

1. Les Anges Dans Nos Campagnes (Angels We Have Heard On High)
2. Sleep Holy Babe
3. El Cant Dels Ocells (The Carol Of The Birds)
4. Mary Had A Baby
5. Joy To The World
6. Es Ist Ein' Ros' Entsprungen (Lo How A Rose E'er Blooming)
7. Veni, Veni, Emmanuel (O Come, O Come, Emmanuel)
8. Hallelujah (from The Messiah)

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. This one is a little creepy. Like your heading, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be cute, but I also don't want to disrespect anyone's choice of religion. Kinda surprised me when I realized the provenance of it.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...