Friday, December 08, 2023

Pop Goes The Mini Cooper

You want kiddie music, you got kiddie music. Made in Canada by kids who seem to have English accents and produced to within a few inches of it's life, this is The Mini-Pops with Mini-Pops Christmas (Quality (Canada) QRSP 1015 Red Vinyl, Stereo, 1984). There are actually a few interesting surprises here, but I don't want to give anything away. Fans of Billy Joel may not be impressed. Enjoy!

1. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; Good King Wenceslas; The Holly And The Ivy; Oh Come All Ye Faithful
2. Little Donkey
3. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly
4. The Christmas Song
5. Mary's Boy Child
6. Frosty The Snowman
7. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer; Winter Wonderland
8. Ding Dong Merrily On High; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; We Wish You A Merry Christmas
9. When You Wish Upon A Star
10. Sleigh Ride
11. Jingle Bells; Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
12. I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus
13. Silent Night; Away In A Manger; First Noel
14. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
15. Have Yourselves A Merry Little Christmas
16. White Christmas
17. Here Comes Santa Claus
18. Why Can't We Love Each Other All Year Round

MEGA


12 comments:

  1. Mini-Pops were a British kids group (doing current pop covers) that gained popularity in Canada through touring. They recorded several albums through the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some vague memory of having one of those albums in college, probably bought out of oddity value. Don't remember ever playing it though. So when this popped up, it was a natural. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Kids! This was a great thing to wake up to. I hope things get weird today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough to pack all the best things into a single day. I've got get all the way through mid-January you know. :)

      Delete
  3. Growing up in the UK in the 80s, I kind of remember these guys being on the TV. This has fitted nicely into the 'Odd & Lousy' section of my Christmas music collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the kids are cute and the vinyl is red, so it has those things going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ernie, Again :)
    When I was in Junior High, this group was big... in Canada. Many of the songs were chart toppers, in Canada. I have it on my popular Christmas Music iTunes. I will have to see which album is better, I will soon put on my iTunes ;)
    You are awesome, Ernie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ernie, your recording was way better. My other one had sounds, from the record, on it. Thank you :)

      Delete
    2. I can only speak for myself, but I suspect it's true for other vinyl bloggers, we're only as good as the vinyl we have. A good record sounds good, and a bad record sounds bad. I can play with it all day long, but if it's bad it's bad. Glad you enjoyed it and it brought back some memories. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...