Tuesday, December 05, 2023

French Rehash

I almost forgot I needed to do a remaster today, but here I am. I've never actually shared this version of this record, instead I had a shorter US release that I ripped and shared back in 2010. This time I dug up a Canadian version of the LP that features all the tracks on the original French release. In fact, I just recently came across a copy of the French version, but didn't buy it because I knew I had this one. That and I didn't want to part with the $4 they wanted for it. I'm cheap, what can I say? Anyhow, this is Mireille Mathieu Accompagnée Par Le Grande Orchestre De Paul Mauriat-Le Merveilleux Petit Monde De Mireille Mathieu Chante Noel (Polydor (Canada) 2424 040, Stereo, 1968). Enjoy!

1. White Christmas (Noël Blanc)
2. Petit Papa Noel
3. Noel D'Aubervilliers
4. La Cambo Mi Fa Mauo
5. Mon Beau Sapin
6. Il Est Ne Le Divin Enfant
7. Vive Le Vent
8. Douce Nuit
9. Rin Rin
10. Les Enfants De Noel
11. Minuit Chretiens
12. Les Anges Dans Nos Campagnes (Gloria In Excelsis Deo)

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I think I have the American version of this. I didn't know about all the variants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's really just the shorter American release for musical variants, but if you want to talk covers, I believe there are quite a few! I think I found an actual French version in the archives the other day and had to compare it track by track to be sure it was the same record.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...