Thursday, December 07, 2023

7" Special-Part 1

Today is the 7th day of December, so I figured I'd do something a little special. I recorded a bunch of 7" records this season, but I didn't get the chance to finish very many of them and prep them for sharing. I managed to get a few of them done before I ran out of time, and I'm going to share those with you today just for fun. Not sure if there's anything here you can't live without, but maybe there'll be something here you'll enjoy. I'm starting with a high school choir because I have to start somewhere. I believe I got this record in a lot I bought off of eBay, but if I'd stumbled across it in a thrift store I certainly would have picked it up. Most high school choir records I see are 12" long plays, so this one is a little bit different. There are quite a few songs here for a 7" record, but it spins at the slower 33 RPM speed to get a little more playing time. This is Washington High School (Audio Recorders 7" 33 RPM ARA 111770, Stereo). Your mission, should you accept it, is to figure out which Washington High School released this record and when. Good luck!

1. Washington High School Acappella Choir-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Andra Jeffress-Carol Of The Drum
2. Washington High School Acappella Choir-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Andra Jeffress-Soloist, Robin Ross-The Christmas Song
3. Washington High School Acappella Choir-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Andra Jeffress-E'en So Lord, Quickly Come
4. Washington High School Acappella Choir-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Andra Jeffress-We Wish You The Merriest
5. Washington High School Choirs-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Jeannie Farman-The Meaning Of Christmas
6. Washington High School Choirs-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Jeannie Farman-Soloist, Karen Baze-Gesu Bambino
7. Washington High School Choirs-Mr. Philip Shaw, Director-Mr. Marc Hack, Assistant Director-Accompanist: Jeannie Farman-Star Of Bethlehem

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Because of the Audio Recorders label? Not sure if they were strictly local or not. Some recording outfits roamed large areas for clients. Got any info on them?

      Delete
  2. I actually looked up the choir director and name of the high school, which led me to Phoenix, but Discogs says that the Audio Recorders label was based in Phoenix as well: https://www.discogs.com/label/411635-Audio-Recorders-Arizona,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that as a win! Good work! Phoenix it is!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...