Thursday, December 07, 2023

Repertory 4

As the sun sets on this, the first night of Chanukah, I've got an appropriate record to share. And as luck would have it, it's part of the series from the Kid Stuff label that I've been sharing out all day. Coincidence, or planning? You'll have to decide that one for yourself. As you light the first candle, this is The Kid Stuff Repertory Company-The Story Of Channukah (Kid Stuff KS173, Stereo). Not sure what year this one came out, and I can't quite figure it out since their catalog numbers don't stick to any pattern for too long, near as I can tell. But like all their stuff, it's most likely between 1976 and 1979. Enjoy!

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie, not that you can believe them, but both Discogs and Wiki claim a 1978 date. Wiki has a listing of their release cataloged numbers in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure I checked Discogs when I was working on this and there was no date. Perhaps someone updated it in the meantime. But I was pretty close with my guess. :)

      Delete
  2. I am always impressed by your ability to uncover Chanukah records.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the best Chanukah LP ever all ripped but I discovered a fairly recent CD issue so I'm not sharing it. But you remember the guy who was selling tribbles on Star Trek? He recorded a Chanukah album! It's great!

      https://www.amazon.com/Chanukah-Carols-Sid-Wayne/dp/B000BO87L4

      Delete
  3. I wonder if tribbles are kosher...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on how they are slaughtered.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...