Sunday, December 03, 2023

Harping On Christmas 7

You're probably wondering how many more of these harp Christmas records I have up my sleeve, and you'll just have to wait and see. But in the meantime, here's yet another one. This one features a pair of harpists, and some bits of The Christmas Story on side one, then it's all carols on the flip side. Interesting cover on this one, it may have been the one that I've had in my collection the longest. Give it a listen and see what you think. This is Joe Longstreth And John Escosa-Harpists-Christmas With Joe Longstreth And John Escosa (Carriage CRLP 5031, Mono, 1963), Enjoy! Oh, almost forgot, there are some vocals on side one, courtesy of Harriet L. Whonsetler. I thought you might like to know.

1. The Christmas Story According To St. Luke-Part 1
2. Carol Of Love
3. The Christmas Story According To St. Luke-Part 2
4. There Was A Night
5. The Christmas Story According To St. Luke-Part 3
6. What Giveth You?
7. Oh, Come All Ye Faithful
8. Carol Of The Bells
9. Good King Wenceslas
10. What Child Is This?
11. Patapan (Willie, Take Your Drum)
12. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
13. Away In A Manger
14. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
15. Silent Night, Holy Night
16. Go Tell It On De Mountain

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I'm saving a few tunes from your harp-shares for my 2024 mix. To my ears the timeless sound of the harp and Christmas music is a perfect match. Especially for interpretations of carols that's centuries old. I loved this album cover so much I was certain this would become my favorite of the lot. But I enjoyed the wondrous Dorothy Remsen album (from start to finish) and Carlos Salzedo the most. None of them were without a few standouts though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do a whole harp mix, though I don't know how many times you could sit through something like that though. :)

      Delete
    2. A whole harp mix is a hard sell, I'm afraid. Maybe I'm the only one who'd enjoy it. But a handful of nice little harp tunes will fit nicely in between the songs.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...