Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Better Organ

Here's another organ album for you from the late 50's, when such things were pretty popular for some reason. No idea why people wanted to listen to such albums, but I suspect it hearkened back to an earlier time when you went to church on Christmas Eve and that's the sort of music you heard. All I know for sure is that at one time, organs were a very popular form of entertainment, and from my vantage point, even more popular at Christmas time. I remember there used to be an organ store in every mall that would often have somebody out front playing whenever you walked by, trying to entice you into the store for a purchase and to sign up for lessons. You don't see that anymore, and only rarely see new Christmas organ albums. Point is, there's a lot of this music out there, so I'm going to share some of it with you. This is John Gart At The Conn Electronic Organ With The Yuletiders-Silent Night (Kapp KS-3045, Stereo, 1959). Enjoy! Huh, just noticed this one has a foil cover, same as the last. I had a couple copies that didn't have the foil cover, but they were all mono. The stereo ones I had weren't in the greatest shape.

1. Adeste Fideles; The First Noel; Joy To The World
2. Silver Bells
3. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!; Frosty The Snowman; Winter Wonderland
4. Oh, Little Town Of Bethlehem; Away In A Manger
5. Deck The Halls; We Three Kings Of Orient Are; Good King Wenceslaus; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Hark The Herald Angels Sing
6. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
7. Silent Night
8. Sleighride
9. White Christmas
10. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear; Jolly Old St Nicholas; Angels We Have Heard On High
11. I'll Be Home For Christmas; It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
12. Oh, Holy Night
13. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
14. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town; Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Jingle Bells

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I don't mind pipe organs. I just don't like the electronic variety very much.

    I love foil covers, but they are the devil to scan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to fit a pipe organ in the studio...

      Yes, every little defect in a foil cover becomes a little nightmare to deal with. :(

      Delete
  2. I'm curious to see how Mr Gart sandwiches "Jolly Old St Nicholas" in between two non-secular carols...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ernie :) I also had a copy of this, but your copy is way better. Adding to my organ instrumental playlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't perfect, but it'll do. Sometimes the records I find can be hit or miss. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...