Sunday, December 03, 2023

Harping On Christmas 3

Up next is worldwide superstar Adele playing harp for you for Christmas! Wait, maybe it's not the worldwide superstar Adele after all, but it's still someone named Adele. That has to count for something, right? This is Adele Girard-Merry Christmas (Totem 1024, Stereo, 1976). Nice album, and it's autographed on the back! Enjoy!

1. O Holy Night
2. Angels We Have Heard On High
3. Away In A Manger-We Three Kings
4. The First Noel
5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
6. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
7. Do You Hear What I Hear?
8. O Christmas Tree
9. Sleigh Ride
10. Winter Wonderland
11. What Child Is This?
12. Silver Bells
13. Good King Wenceslaus
14. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
15. Carol Of The Bells
16. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
17. Jingle Bells
18. Silent Night

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Once a year Adele emerges from the forest wearing her stylish brooch to soothe us with her Christmas harps. Behold Adele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve almost bought this one a couple of times because of that cover - super excited to listen to it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've seen it before? And more than once? Not at all common in this neck of the woods.

      Delete
  3. When I saw the name I recalled watching a late 1940's 'soundie' of her, and hubby Joe Marsala, performing a boogie-woogie number that defies description. Take a look.

    https://youtu.be/tNtkSzow0FY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Not sure if there's anything that good on this record though.

      Delete
  4. Ha Ha...the worldwide superstar Adele, not in my book. Who cares to listen to someone sing about their life's problems, at least I was told that is her album output, Bah Humbug.
    This Adele playing her Harp has been very soothing to listen to. So, a nice choice to calm down to. I cannot wait to listen to the other Harp albums.
    ...I listened to two of those Chipmunk type LPs on December 5th during my shopping trip to IKEA. We have 4 IKEA's here in Berlin. My ADHD has been out of sorts ever since. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikea will do that to you...

      I found another harp record in the archives last night that I didn't know was there. I'll have to do a part two of this series next year. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...