Friday, December 08, 2023

Book Of Lists 3

Time for another small list over at Discogs. Not sure that anyone cares about these, but I wanted to drum up a little conversation, and I figured this is a good way to do it. Maybe you know of records that aren't on my list? Lemme know, leave a comment, happy to hear from you. This latest list compiles records that were created for the E.F. McDonald Company as promotional items. You could buy a whole box of them to give away to your clients during the holidays as a way of saying thanks. At first the records were fancy things with big names and custom recordings, but they eventually went downhill and became filled with licensed music, first from the larger labels, then from some budget outfits. Hard to make money in that game, I guess. But the first few were great, I've shared two of them in the past featuring John Carradine and Burgess Meredith. I think I know of one more that's not at Discogs, it features a selection of recordings from the Dot catalog. I'll get it entered someday...

The List!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was interested to see the other entries in this series. I have a copy of the Burgess Meredith LP myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good for a couple of years. But not so good later on.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...