Thursday, December 07, 2023

7" Special-Part 3

High noon, and time for the next entry in our special series of 7" record today. I believe this is the only remastered 7" I have for you, something I first shared in bare-bones form back in 2009 (a post that got no comments, I hate when that happens). This time I have the picture sleeve for you as well as an insert that tells you a little bit about all the great sites to see if you visit Turkey. What's the connection between Christmas and Turkey? Well, listen to the record and find out! This is Season's Greetings From Turkey (Turkish Information Office 7" 45 RPM TIO-1/2, Mono). Also of note, side one of this record was used as one side of the 1964 Line Material record in Canada, the flip side was a French history of Santa Claus that may or not be the same story, though I doubt it. Don't know if this Turkey record came first or the Line Material did...

1. The Story Of Santa Claus
2. Turkey, The Bible Land

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Laurie G. Whiz It’s ChristmasThursday, December 07, 2023 1:10:00 PM

    I missed this one the first time - I love any Christmas album that’s “Christmas From…” or “Christmas In…”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this probably won't make your regular rotation...

      Delete
  2. Hi Ernie, Great disc. You said: What's the connection between Christmas and Turkey? I knew right away. You already give us this answer in the Derric Johnson Advent album. It was explained on one of his days, I forgot which. I was surprised and learned something new. So not only do you entertain us, you are a teacher too.
    Overall, I really like the stories. Sometimes they may be on the same topic, i.e. A Christmas Carol, but they are usually told in a different way. Sometimes a new fresh story is offered. On the other hand, some are just so-so. They cannot always be a winner.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...