Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Better Organ 2

Whatever you do, don't say I'm not giving you enough organ music for Christmas. Here's another one that I haven't shared before, though I don't know how I've avoided it all these years. And sure enough, it has another foil cover! Must be a trend. This is The Organ And Chimes Of Edmund Francis-Merry Christmas (Imperial LP-12250, Stereo, 1964). Enjoy!

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas; O Tannenbaum; The Wassail Song
2. O Come All Ye Faithful; O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Silent Night
4. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing; Angels We Have Heard On High
5. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear; I Saw Three Ships
6. Carol Of The Bells; We Three Kings
7. Joy To The World; Carol Of The Drum; Deck The Halls
8. O Holy Night; Christ Was Born On Christmas Day
9. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Good King Wenceslas
10. The First Noel; Away In A Manger
11. Twelve Days Of Christmas

MEGA


Look, I've got a bonus label for you from an audition copy of the record! I'm full of surprises!

8 comments:

  1. The other day someone asked me what my favorite genre of Christmas music is. My answer, as always, is "unhinged" - but organ music is a close second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A really good organ record could be described as unhinged. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, two copies of this one. That is above and beyond the call of duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more than that, but some of them were mono. That's how I judge the rarity of a record. If I only have a single copy, it's gotta be fairly rare. :)

      Delete
    2. Hopefully you ripped the promotional copy of this album. Might give this one a try. With Ernie Freeman arranging and conducting this one, it should be really good. Did not know Imperial put out these type of Christmas albums, as did Atco, apparently. You certainly are full of surprises this year, Ernie!

      Delete
    3. At this point I don't remember which version I ripped. :( I'm sure it was whichever one looked cleanest when I started the whole process.

      Delete
  3. Hey Ernie, Thank you so much. I had another copy of this, downloaded from where-I-can't-remember, but this was a way better copy. I love Organ music, and basically anything instrumental (For background music) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this was an upgrade for you. It's certainly good background music. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...