Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Audiographed Part 1

The theme for today is a bit weird, but all the records I'm giving you are linked by the fact that the copy I've got has been autographed. I can't guarantee you that the signatures are authentic, none of them have been certified by some authority, I don't have a picture of the record being signed, and none of them are inscribed to me. But I think it's a fun little theme and it was a lot easier than trying to edit the autographs off of all these covers. I'll start with a remaster of a popular record I first shared back in 2008 and I've brought it back a few times since, but this is a shiny new re-recording from a nice copy of the record, and it just happens to have an autograph on the flipside. This is Bob Braun-Orchestra Conducted By Leroy Holmes-Christmas In Your Heart (United Artists UAS 6664, Stereo, 1968). For those of you not in the know, Braun was a singing sidekick for Ruth Lyons, a popular talk show host in in Ohio for many years. She put out two Christmas albums that are really great. Give this one a listen and enjoy!

1. Christmas In Your Heart
2. Everywhere The Bells Are Ringing
3. Do You Hear What I Hear
4. A Marshmallow World
5. A Child's First Christmas
6. Let's Light The Christmas Tree
7. Christmas Lullaby
8. Winter Wonderland
9. That's What Christmas Means To Me
10. I'll Be Home For Christmas
11. Christmas Medley

MEGA

Oh, almost forgot about this single that came out a few years after the LP above. It's a bonus Christmas song from Bob Braun, you know how much I love to give you bonus tracks. I think I've shared this with you before, but never with the artwork because I had misplaced my copy before I was able to scan it. So now you can put a face to the music. Unfortunately it's not autographed, so sorry. This is Bob Braun And The Fun Bunch With The Cliff Lash Orchestra-The Spirit Of Christmas (QCA 7" 45 RPM QCA 413, Stereo, 1973).

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. It delights me to no end that so much great music comes from my city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad that there's not a lot of great music coming out of Chillicothe. :(

      Delete
  2. This is a good LP; have it myself. I haven't seen the pic sleeve before. That's quite a strange shirt he's wearing. It looks like it has roaches marching in formation on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This is my daughters favorite album! I've been hoping to have a digital version!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...