Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Ten Inchers Of Christmas-Part IX

Continuing on with ten inch records on the tenth, here's the record that I paid the most for of all the things I'm sharing today. I had to airbrush out the $2.99 sticker when I edited the art. Dunno why I never took that sticker off, but it's been there so long now I'm afraid it'll destroy the cover art if I try to peel it off. You see, the cover art is printed on a long sheet of paper that was then wrapped around a plain cardboard sleeve and taped on. It's not going to stand up to too much handling, so I'll just leave the sticker right there where it is. Some nice voices on this one, and the sound is much better than those last few records because we're back to a vinyl pressing. This is The A Cappella Choir Of The Mount Vernon Unitarian Church-A Christmas Carol Program (No Label 10" 33 RPM L8OL-0407/0408, Mono, 1960)

1. The Boar's Head Carol
2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
3. Past Three O'Clock
4. Lullay My Liking
5. The Holly And The Ivy
6. Angelus Ad Virginem
7. Adam Lay Ybounden
8. Song Of The Nuns Of Chester
9. Good King Wenceslas
10. Greensleeves
11. O Little One Sweet
12. Herrick's Carol
13. Rocking
14. The Holy Well
15. Wither's Rocking Hymn
16. Balulalow
17. Listen, Lordlings

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. This is really good Ernie! Burnt a copy for my wife, who is making shrimp tacos in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering these folks came from the Mt. Vernon in Ohio. But they are probably from Virginia - there's a Unitarian Church there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wonder how these things make it to my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  3. Yes! Was just about to post the choir director's obituary--in the Washington Post:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/2002/02/20/bruce-c-netschert-dies-at-82/ca7a1d40-64e5-49cb-822d-db35f0d4e8a8/

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...