Tuesday, December 12, 2023

12" On The 12th-Part 2

More music from the big records that don't play for all that long now. This is an early record by gospel singer DeLeon Richards that was recorded when she was about 10 years old. There seems to be some confusion about how she wants to style her name, it appears as both DeLeon and De Leon on this record so that's the way I've entered it in the track tags. I'm sure she had little control over such things in her career at such a young age, but it's important to maintain a consistent identity if you wanna hit it big. Just ask Johnny Cougar. This is De Leon-Christmas With De Leon (Track 12" 33 RPM TR5002, Stereo, 1986). I had two copies of this in the archives, and both had a large hole punch on the cover. I guess they didn't sell too well.

1. Christmas With DeLeon
2. Christmas With DeLeon (Instrumental)
3. Silent Night

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of her, but she was a cute kid. The issue with "De" always confuses me - should it be Frank De Vol or Frank DeVol, fer instance?

    I like your Johnny Cougar joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny Cougar didn't like the joke, but I think he got over it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...