Friday, December 15, 2023

Christmas Near Home

By far, this is the record from closest to my house that I've ever shared. We drive by this church every time we go downtown for Thai food. Never been inside, but it's a big hulking affair, looks about like you'd expect, and the record sounds about like you'd expect. It's local music, but well recorded if not a bit boring. I enjoy it because I know that it was made nearby and I like that sort of provenance. If that sound like something you could get into, please download and enjoy St. Martha's Parish Choir-Christmas Midnight Mass 1977 Choral And Organ Music (St. Martha's Church, Sarasota, Florida SMC-100, Stereo, 1977)

1. Prelude & Chorale: Let All Together Praise Our God
2. Up, O Shepherds!
3. Behold A Mystical Rose
4. Gabriel's Message
5. In Dulce Jubilo
6. Dona Nobis Pacem ("Grant Us Peace.")
7. What Is This Lovely Fragrance?
8. Angels We Have Heard On High
9. Let Our Gladness Know No End
10. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
11. Sussex Carol ("On Christmas Night All Christians Sing...")
12. The Nativity (1. The Creche; 2. The Angels; 3. The Shepherds; 4. The Holy Family)
13. Adeste, Fideles

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I always like records from near home. I shared a record from Oberlin a few years ago, also one from a Cleveland church with a soloist I knew well, although I don't think I mentioned that. Good music on those records; I suspect on this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect it's going to be a tough sell around here. But if it hits you in all the right spots, that's a good thing. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...