Friday, December 15, 2023

Noël^3

I'm a big fan of the RCA Victor label, especially in the early years of the LP when they seemed to make some classic music that was paired with beautiful album covers, often topped by a Living Stereo banner after 1958. And when it comes to Christmas music of the label, I sometimes feel like I have it all but then something comes along and makes me think otherwise. This album is one of those records. I spotted it in a random search at Discogs and it was cheap, so an order was placed and here it is. Turns out it's from Canada, that's why I hadn't seen it before, I don't believe there was ever a US release. It's a various artists thing with vocalists I've never heard of before, but I think you can find something good to listen to in every record. Give this a listen for me. This is Noël... Noël... Noël... (RCA Victor Serie Gala (Canada) CGPS 109, Stereo).

1. Claude Létourneau Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Venez Divin Messie
2. Claude Létourneau Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Il Est Né Le Divin Enfant
3. Guy Lavoie Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Ca Bergers Assemblons Nous
4. Claude Létourneau Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Dans Cette Étable
5. Guy Lavoie & Claude Létourneau Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Les Anges Dans Nos Campagnes
6. Guy Lavoie Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-D'où Viens-Tu Bergère?
7. Choeur Avec Grande Orchestre-Jésus Sur Cette Terre
8. Pierre Bouter Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Noël Des Trois Enfants
9. Catherine Maisse Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Histoire De Père Noël
10. Aline Giroux Avec Grande Orchestre et Choeurs-Ave Maria

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. How interesting! I love finding things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just takes a little digging (every single day of your life)!

      Delete
  2. This is from Quebec. The lable is far from obscure but these people are, even for me ! Mid 1960's. --- Thanks Ernie for all you share, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to find stuff that time has forgotten about. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...