Thursday, December 14, 2023

That Seventies Show

Continuing on with a loose theme of Gospel singers for the day, this next LP comes from a church in Georgia that was excited about the turbulent 60's drawing to a close and all the wonderful new things that the unfurling 70's had to offer. I won't go into the relative merits of the sixties versus the seventies, but I think it was a bit of a tossup. Who can blame them in their enthusiasm though? There was a lot to be hopeful for at the time. Give it a listen and try to remember the times. This is Fairburn United Methodist Choir-Betty Tucker, Director-Christmas In The Seventies (Allied Artists Audio for Fairburn United Methodist Church PRP 23771/23772, Stereo, 1970). Enjoy!

1. God Bless You
2. Christians, Awake!
3. O Come, O Come, Immanuel; O Little Town Of Bethlehem; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
5. We Three Kings (Hark! The Herald Angels Sing)
6. Go, Tell It On The Mountain
7. Gesu Bambino (The Infant Jesus)
8. While By My Sheep
9. Angels, From The Realms Of Glory
10. O Come, All Ye Faithful
11. Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
12. We Sing In Celebration
13. O Star, O'er Bethlehem Shining
14. Christ Is Born This Evening
15. Joy To The World
16. Silent Night

MEGA

Update-31 Dec 23- I was listening to this one in the car and noticed that the song playing didn't match the tag. I went back and discovered that I had cut it incorrectly, then tagged it poorly. So I went and redid it. No one noticed, so I doubt if this was a very popular share, but I wanted it to be right. If you download it now, you should get the correct files.

10 comments:

  1. I much preferred the 60s to the 70s, but who am I to argue with these fine folks from Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still really early in the 70s, no one knew how bad it was going to get...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this one (and all the others!), Ernie. I'm looking forward to hearing it. My parents live a few miles away from this church. I've driven by it a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Cool! Always great when you can make a connection to one of these records. Eventually I'm going to share a record from a church that we drive by on the way downtown for Vietnamese food. :)

      Delete
  3. I called the church office, but they were closed for the day (and the weekend, it sounds like) to let them know that they are now World Famous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie Gee Your Hair Smells TerrificSunday, December 31, 2023 10:21:00 PM

    I haven't listened yet - thanks for the fix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ernie. I had downloaded it, but hadn't had a chance to listen yet. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I'd gotten it right in the first place. :(

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...