Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Audiographed Part 3

Time for another autographed album for you, this time from steel guitar wiz Buddy Emmons. I had flipped past this LP a few times in the stacks and didn't pay too much attention to it, but giving it a listen I though it was quite good. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, autograph or not. This is Buddy Emmons-Christmas Sounds Of The Steel Guitar (Step One Records SOR-0024, Stereo, 1987). Another one with the autograph right there on the front cover. No chance I was ever going to be able to remove that one, hence this series of autographed records.

1. Sleigh Ride
2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
3. White Christmas
4. Winter Wonderland
5. The Christmas Song
6. Silver Bells
7. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
8. O Holy Night
9. Blue Christmas
10. I'll Be Home For Christmas
11. Medley: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; It Came Upon A Midnight Clear; O Come All Ye Faithful; Away In A Manger; Silent Night; Jingle Bells

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. Why do I know that name? Did he do one of those Power Pak Christmas albums?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. He was a session payer for a long time and probably showed up in the credits of a thousand albums. I thought this was a budget deal until I investigated a bit more. This label seemed to specialize in albums from country artists who were a bit past their prime.

      Delete
  2. Also I think it would be funny to recreate that album cover in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you pose for the fancy picture. with a sprig of holly on your hat.

      Delete
  3. Now we have some real country music. Buddy Emmons was a heck of a player, but I am unsure about mixing steel guitar and "O Holy Night."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun one! I like his O Holy Night, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to mix in with some other stuff, but I thought it was a tough listen all the way through.

      Delete
    2. I must make a confession. I don't listen to many albums all the way through. I cherry pick! All apologies.
      And I don't mean just Christmas music. I've never been much of an album guy.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, Me too. It's rare I listen to an LP as presented. I prefer to load up a bunch and hit shuffle.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...