Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Arc Reactor 2

Next up on our tour of the Arc label out of Canada is this LP credited to a Perry Roberts. I have a sneaking suspicion in the back of my mind that Perry Roberts is to Canada as Johnny Kay is to America. He's an artist that may or may not have existed, but his sole purpose in life was to record some soundalike music (mostly sounding like Perry Como, hence the name...) that's been endlessly recycled across many Christmas seasons ever since. I won't swear to it, but I think some of the recordings here are the same as some released here in the US as Johnny Kay. And to make it worse, some of the recordings here are instrumental, so I guess Perry Roberts is also an orchestra. Anyhow, this might be the sort of thing that intrigues you. If so, please give a download and a listen to Perry Roberts-White Christmas And Other Favourites (Arc (Canada) AX-1, Mono)

1. White Christmas
2. Frosty The Snowman
3. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
4. There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays
5. Let It Snow
6. Winter Wonderland
7. I'll Be Home For Christmas
8. Silent Night
9. Jingle Bells
10. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
11. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
12. Sleighride

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Ah, a cheap-label artist mystery, Canadian style! The kids on the cover are cute, though, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually leave such mysteries up to Lee, he seems to be able to untangle many of those knots.

      Delete
  2. Those kids are dressed in "early 50s" attire. Is this album that old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me thinks it's a stock photo, but me not know for sure. They'll pull anything, these budget labels.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, that's the way I dressed back then. I was adorable.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...