Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Commanders

I don't pay too much attention to professional football, but I understand there was some recent hubbub about this team's name, and the negative connotations to the Native American community, and understandably so. But this record predates all that, so no offense intended to anyone. But singing NFL players is pretty funny no matter how you look at it. I guess all the teams in the league back in 1970 had a collection like this, all with the same songs and the same backing tracks, adding in custom vocals by whatever players they could get to participate. This is the only one I've ever happened to stumble across, but I suspect that once you've heard one, you've heard them all. This is The Washington Redskins-Holiday Halftime (Manlius MAN 2030, Stereo, 1970).

1. Deck The Halls
2. Winter Wonderland
3. All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
4. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
5. A Tropical Winter
6. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
7. Home For The Holidays
8. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
9. Auld Lang Syne

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I've got the New York Giants LP, which is fun for what it is. Tropical Winter seems like a unique tune from this series, so it's a fun one to put on mixes. But yeah, if you've got one, you don't need 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw another entry somewhere recently, but I resisted the urge to add another team to the collection. But if it had been cheaper, I probably would have. I'm a completist that way. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...