Saturday, December 10, 2022

Around The Clock Saturday-Part 14

Funny story, I didn't pay for this record. I was in a local record store trying to find some interesting Christmas music, and the owner of the store was really talking me up. Everything I asked about, he had an answer for. But he didn't have a Christmas music section, so I had to dig. I dug through three or four boxes of 10" records because I figured there's be a greater chance of finding something I didn't have in there. And sure enough, I found two religious records on 10" red vinyl that at least looked neat, though it was all organ & chime music. But then when I asked the guy for a price, he wanted $15 each! I'm thinking these things have sat in his store since it's been open, no one else in their right mind is going to buy these things, but he wants to charge me an arm and a leg. Of course he couldn't find them online to back up his crazy price, but that only meant they were rare. And red vinyl! Looked unplayed! Gotta be worth more than $15, what a bargain. I barely escaped without laughing in his face, but before I left, he gave me this record since I was looking for a Christmas. He said it wasn't in good enough shape to sell, so I said thanks and left. Later on, I found two other copies in the stacks, so I'm glad I didn't pay anything for it. Anyhow, this is Jessie Belvin-I Want You With Me Xmas (Modern 7" 45 RPM 45x1005, Mono, 1956).

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Actually, that's a nice one! I like Jesse Belvin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I thought so. The proprietor of that shop, not so much.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...