Saturday, December 10, 2022

More NFL Christmas

There are plenty more Christmas songs out there that connect back to the NFL, and here's a small selection of tracks from 45's that I threw together for you. Three installments of The Twelve Days of Christmas series by Elliott, Walter & Bennett featuring The Atlanta Falcons, The Buffalo Bills and The Philadelphia Eagles. (I guess my closest team, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't exist back when this series came out, or they weren't good enough, so they didn't get an entry.) There's also both sides of a single by Willis "The Guard" & Vigorish called Merry Christmas In The NFL. Good stuff here!

MEGA

(Notice that I got an odd version of the Atlanta Falcons record where they're known as 'A Atlanta Falcon'. They're football players, what did you expect?) Oh, almost forgot I shared out The Twelve Days Of A Cleveland Brown Christmas a couple of years ago, and I included the non-Christmas B-side that all the records have in common.




5 comments:

  1. I like the title "The Twelve Days of A Atlanta Falcons Christmas."

    Looks like 1980 was a vintage year for NFL Christmas records.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a corrected version out there as well, though I was happy to get a messed up one. Don't know which came first. I thought maybe I could grab the whole set this season, but they don't seem to be as easy to find as I'd hoped, and shipping is killer on buying one at a time. Maybe next year...

      Delete
  2. I believe there are 10 different 45s in this series. I have the Steelers and Browns .mp3s if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh duh, you mentioned the Browns at the end of your post!

      Delete
    2. I think someone shared them all out at the 'Fa a couple years back, so I have all the MP3's. I hope to have the whole set of vinyl someday though. Thanks for the comment, look forward to your show this year, even though I rarely have time to listen. :(

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...