Sunday, December 04, 2022

Christmas Art

I'm guessing that most of you are familiar with Barry Gordon, the kid who sang about how he wasn't getting anything for Christmas, mostly because he was a terrible person. Well, his name wasn't the big one on the record, he was just a hired vocalist. The real artist was Art Mooney, and he recorded a fair bit of other Christmas music, both with and without Barry. So I've gathered up as many of those records as I could find to share them with you all in one fell swoop. I'm not sure if this is everything he ever recorded with a holiday bent, but it's a big chunk of it for sure. Give it a download and listen.

1. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-(Joyeux Noel, Buon Natale, Feliz Navidad) A Merry Merry Christmas To You
2. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-Vocal By Barry Gordon-Nuttin' For Christmas
3. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-Vocal By Barry Gordon-Santa Claus Looks Just Like Daddy
4. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-Laura Leslie-The Candy Land Parade
5. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-The Art Mooney Choir-Jingle Bells
6. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-Vocal By Ensemble-Winter
7. Barry Gordon-Orchestra And Chorus Conducted By Art Mooney-I Like Christmas (I Like It, I Like It)
8. Barry Gordon-Orchestra And Chorus Conducted By Art Mooney-Zoomah, The Santa Claus From Mars

MEGA







4 comments:

  1. Heck, I didn't know Barry Gordon did anything but "Nuttin' for Christmas"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those MGM Special Disc Jockey Records Not For Sale for "Here Comes the Judge" by The Magistrates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that's a good one. I think I have The Nairobi Trio somewhere...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...