Thursday, December 08, 2022

Christmas On The Radio-Part 14

Yep, it's another entry in the radio production music series. And it's from a new series we haven't seen before, one that I don't think is owned by Tanner, so that's a little different. This one is Mars Production Library-Christmas Images And Beds (Mars Broadcasting H-913, Stereo). It's a nice selection of classic Christmas music and some new stuff custom written for this LP. I think you'll like it. I can't tell you how much I wanted to Photoshop out that hand-writtten number in the moon at upper right, but luckily I realized that it's the catalog number and was probably written in when they distributed the record. Many of these type records used a generic sleeve to hold the vinyl, though some of them did have a custom-printed back panel or a sticker. They spent the money of the music, not the visual presentation. The only people who ever saw these were faceless DJs and behind-the-scenes radio engineers.

1. Something For The Girls
2. O Come All Ye Faithful
3. Christmas Surprises
4. Jingle Bells
5. An Old-Fashioned Christmas
6. From Heaven Above To Earth I Come
7. When You Run Out Of Ideas
8. Joy To The World
9. Make Christmas Extra Merry
10. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
11. The Man Who Has It All
12. Deck The Halls
13. Gift-Shopping Central
14. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
15. Big Surprises For Little Eyes
16. What Child Is This

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Looking at the Almighty Discogs, Mars Broadcasting Inc. was a label owned by Pepper & Tanner, Inc. Seems it might be hard to shake Tanner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curses! Foiled again! Do you think they owned it at the time, or maybe they bought it later? No mention of Tanner on the label...

      Delete
  2. Interesting item - a series I haven't seen before and earlier than some of the others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, earlier, and maybe a little better. Still not old enough for my tastes, but I had to take what I could get. :)

      Delete
  3. On behalf of DJs everywhere, I just want to say... we have faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A face made for radio... I guess maybe I do know a DJ joke. Sorry, that wasn't nice. :(

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...