Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Headin' Downtown

I was surprised earlier this year to find a Christmas 78 from Petula Clark, and again surprised to find this 7" record in my own collection that I didn't know about. If you'd asked me if she had ever released any Christmas music, I would have said no, or I don't think so. But now I know, and you know, too! This is Petula Clark-The Peter Knight Orchestra And Chorus-Direction By M. Barclay And A. Freeman-A Christmas Carol (Pye Nixa (UK) 7" 45 RPM NSEP.85001, Stereo, 1958). Good stuff!

1. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
2. List Our Merry Carol
3. Once In Royal David's City
4. Rocking
5. Holly And The Ivy
6. Away In A Manger; Hark The Herald Angels Sing

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Will be checking these out eventually--more new to me Petula Christmas tunes that were not on her 2009 Collectors Choice Music CD This Is Christmas! You probably already have her recordings of "The Happiest Christmas" and "Silent Night" from Album 9 of the Great Songs of Christmas (1969) somewhere in your overflowing Christmas LP stash--great seasonal tunes from her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always cool to find stuff from an artist you think you know...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...