Saturday, December 17, 2022

A 12" Saturday-Part 7 (Solomon Special)

I found another pair of 12" singles for today, both of them by Solomon Burke, and both of them featuring his take on Silent Night. Lucky for us, the flip sides are different, though I'm not sure their entirely unique. You'll have to give them both a listen and see what you think, they're probably more preaching than singing. But I like to throw a little bit of everything out there, and this is certainly different from what I was expecting when I put the needle in the grooves. These are Solomon Burke-Silent Night (Savoy 12" 33 RPM SCS-0002, Stereo, 1982) and Solomon Burke-The Silent Night Story (MCI 12" 33 RPM DGE 501, Stereo, 1985). Note that his phone number is there on the second label. Give him a call, tell him I sent you.

MEGA



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ernie- One of my all-time Christmas favorites is "Presents for Christmas " by Solomon Burke. I heard one of the preaching sides before, but the Keep Christ in Christmas was unknown to me- nice version. As to ringing him up, maybe in the afterlife!. Thanks for posting,
    - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is very different, but it needs to be heard. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...