Sunday, December 11, 2022

Gospel Week-Part 1

I've got a whole series of records here that I want to share and I'm going to group them together under the loose heading of Gospel. Some of them are probably going to be more gospel than others, but it's close enough. I'll start with a record from semi-well known undertaker and plane crash survivor Merrill Womach. I've been meaning to run his discography for a few years now, and this was the first chance I've had to get my act together and actually record it all. This is his first Christmas record, and I think his second after the plane crash that nearly took his life. If you're not familiar with his story, you can read up on it here. It's surprisingly good stuff, unlike many such records that you see in the thrifts. Download it and give a listen to Merrill Womach Sings Christmas Carols (Melodies Divine LP 6801 (AKA New Life LP6801), Stereo, 1968).

1. O Come, All Ye Faithful
2. Silent Night
3. Joy To The World
4. The First Noel
5. I Wonder As I Wander
6. O Holy Night
7. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
8. Away In A Manger
9. What Child Is This
10. The Birthday Of A King
11. Star Carol
12. Gesu Bambino
13. O Little Town Of Bethlehem

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...