Thursday, December 15, 2022

Canada RC-eh

It's no secret that some of the best Christmas music in the world came out on the RCA label in the fifties and sixties. From Esquivel to Elvis, they had us covered with all types and styles of music. I frequently think I've heard it all, though, and I frequently find out that I'm wrong. Here's another excellent example. The reason I'd never seen this one is that it appears to have been issued only in Canada, and as I've mentioned before this season, I was on a bit of a roll buying CanCon over the summer. I couldn't resist this one when I saw it pop up in a search, and I'm happy to share it with you tonight. This is Les Petits Chanteurs De Granby-Frère Emmanuel, S.C., Directeur-Minuit, Chrétiens (RCA Victor (Canada) LCP-1002, Mono, 1956).

1. Minuit, Chrétiens
2. Cloches, Sonnez
3. Nouvelle Agréable
4. Dans Cette Etable
5. Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant
6. Le Sommeil De l'Enfant Jésus
7. D'Où Viens-Tu, Bergère?
8. Dans Une Etable Obscure
9. Gais Pastoureaux
10. Gesu Bambino (L'Enfant Jésus)
11. Noel Blanc (White Christmas)
12. Promenade En Traineau (Sleigh Ride)

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. This ensemble would seem to be from Granby, Quebec. Nice record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I think I shared a couple tracks from 78 by this same group, though I don't know if it's from this record or not. They also had an earlier 10" LP if memory serves.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...