Monday, December 12, 2022

Gospel Week-Part 2

Here's another entry into our series of Gospel records this week. I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about them, but I kind of liked the album cover when I found it. It's got a nice textured finish, and the gold is an interesting matte metallic, not something you usually see on an album cover. That's how most of my collections comes about. I can't listen to the music in the store, but if I like the cover, it goes in the pile. Actually, to tell the truth, frequently it goes in the pile even if I don't like the cover. That's why I have so much music that I never listen to. But that's neither here nor there. What's here is a new download for you, The King's Keynotes-On Love Alone-Our Christmas Package To You (Celestial Recordings 619 LPS, Stereo). Enjoy!

1. On Love Alone
2. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
3. What Child Is This?
4. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
5. Still, Still, Still
6. O Holy Night
7. Medley: Angels We Have Heard; Joy To The World
8. Medley: It Came Upon A Midnight Clear; Silent Night, Holy Night
9. Oh, Little Town Of Bethlehem
10. Today There Is Ringing
11. Medley: I Heard The Bells; The First Noel; We Three Kings; Away In The Manger

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. "Frequently it goes in the pile even if I don't like the cover. That's why I have so much music that I never listen to" - I'm with you, brother.

    On the cover, the gold texture may have been the color of the stock, with the red and green overprinted. Those days, you could print two spot colors relatively easily, but three required either a more elaborate press or additional passes on the press, which could cause registration issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much music is better than not enough, don'tcha think? :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...