Saturday, December 17, 2022

Christmas All Over The Place-Part 1.5

As we travel around the world to sample some Christmas music this week, I've got a handful of singles I want to share with you as well. And this post is going to be the biggest and best handful I share with you. It's a huge collection of songs that talk about Christmas in all parts of the US, and even the world. There's a little something for everyone in here from just about everywhere. And if the flipside of the record is Christmas-themed, I threw that in there as well, even if it doesn't fit our theme. Oh, I should point out that the Johnny Kaye on a couple of these sides appears to be the same Johnny Kaye that shows up on all those budget label LPs from the Sixties. I always figured that was a made-up name, but perhaps he really existed and sang all those songs.

1. Carmol Taylor-The Perfect Christmas Gift
2. Carmol Taylor-Georgia Christmas
3. Johnny Kaye-Arranged & Conducted By Morty Jay-A Christmas Love
4. Johnny Kaye-Arranged & Conducted By Morty Jay-Christmas In Paree
5. Kelly Schoppa-Vocal Duet By Becky Conway-Holiday Love
6. Kelly Schoppa-Merry Texas Christmas
7. Lisa Atkinson-It's Christmas In Old Chicago Town
8. Lisa Atkinson With The "Charity" Trio And The Fourumm Quartet-The Magic Of Christmas
9. Loy Blanton-Christmas At The Jersey Lily Lounge
10. Marion Williams-Silent Night
11. Marion Williams-Texan Christmas (Instrumental)
12. Maura Sullivan-Christmas Eve In Washington
13. Maura Sullivan-Christmas Eve In Washington (WMZQ Version)
14. Tom Holbrook-Christmas In Mexico
15. Don Bradley And The Border Patrol-Christmas In Mexico-Instrumental
16. Van Ritshie & Matt Jordan Band-Christmas In Poughkeepsie

MEGA















4 comments:

  1. Nice collection! I always wondered what Christmas at the Jersey Lily Lounge was like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, personally, wondered about Poughkeepsie, and now I know. I wasn't missing much...

      Delete
  2. I love this stuff! I get all the regions, but Jersey's Lily Lounge is very specific. Hope it lives up to the hype. Thanks again,
    - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to discriminate about where you choose to spend your Christmas, whether it's the City of Lights or a dive bar in Jersey. Enjoy!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...