Saturday, December 17, 2022

A 12" Saturday-Part 1

I managed to find a few 12" singles this season in addition to all the 7" singles that I've been sharing, so I hope to run through them today for you. Many of them only had one Christmas song on them, but not all, so stay tuned for a lot of Christmas music from bigger records. Up first is Gladys Knight And The Pips with When You Love Someone (It's Christmas Everyday) (MCA 12" 33 RPM MCA-23713, Stereo, 1986). This was the B side to a song they had on the Miami Vice II soundtrack. Seemed like an odd choice, but I'm not an A&R guy. Let me know if you can spot the typo on the label.

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Excellent side from Gladys and the Pips! It is appropriate that you feature her on the blog this year, since she appeared and sang in the Great American Family movie I'm Glad It's Christmas. I am not sure, but I do think that the legendary Dann Huff is playing guitar on this tune. This sounds more like them than some of the Christmas music they put out during their peak years in the '70's. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, their Christmas albums proper don't do too much for me. But on a single for Miami Vice? That's just an odd spot for a Christmas song...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...