Saturday, December 17, 2022

7" Versus 12": Battle Royale With Cheese

As a little bit of a side note to today's selection of 12" Christmas singles, I'm excited to bring you this collection both 7" and 12" versions of a handful of Christmas songs so you can compare and contrast. Some of these show off the benefits of the 12" single with an extended mix, and some of these show the drawback of an extended mix on a 12" single. There are also a couple of tracks where I've previously shared out the 12" or 7" version, but I've only got the opposite version here in the download. (You'll have to follow the links to find the other version, but I think that in both cases, the 7" and the 12" offer the exact same cuts. So have a good long listen, and enjoy!

1. Moonlion-Little Drummer Boy-Special Disco Version

The above is the 12" version which I just found in the past few days, so it's a late addition. the 7" can be found in the comments here.


2. Noogies-The Chipmunk Song (Please Christmas Don't Be Late)
3. Noogies-The Chipmunk Song (Please Christmas Don't Be Late) (Long)
4. Noogies-The Chipmunk Song (Please Christmas Don't Be Late) (Short)

When I found out there was a 12" version of this, I had to special order it at great expense. I hope it was worth it. This is a definitely the cheese portion of this post.


5. Raindolls-Disco Santa Claus
6. Raindolls-Santa's Theme
7. Raindolls-Disco Santa Claus
8. Raindolls-Santa's Theme

I don't appear to have labelled these, but one pair is from the 7", the other pair from the 12".


9. Santa's Disco Band-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Disco
10. Santa's Disco Band-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Disco
11. Santa's Disco Band-Xmas Medley Disco

With this 12", you got a song that isn't on the 7"!


12. Vibra Corporation-Snow White Rock Christmas
13. Vibra Corporation-I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

These are the 7" versions, but I shared the 12" version here. But they don't seem to be any different.

MEGA














2 comments:

  1. I think it's fair to say that only you would order an extended version of the Noogies' Chipmunk Song. I say that with much admiration!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...