Friday, December 16, 2022

More RCA

While I'm thinking about the RCA label, here are a handful of singles from the label that I think have sort of fallen through the cracks over the years. I don't think these ever made it to albums, and don't get played often enough, if ever. So throw some of these on the old console in the living room and have a listen.

1. Bill Boyd And His Cowboy Ramblers-Vocal Refrain By Bill Boyd And The Band-Jingle Bells
2. Bill Boyd And His Cowboy Ramblers-Vocal Refrain By Bill Boyd-Up On The House Top
3. Dorothy Olsen With Norman Leyden And His Orchestra & Chorus-Christmas Spirit
4. Dorothy Olsen With Norman Leyden And His Orchestra & Chorus-Little Donkey
5. Jan Peerce With Hugo Winterhalter's Orchestra And Chorus-A Child's First Christmas
6. Mindy Carson With Hugo Winterhalter's Orchestra And Chorus-Christmas Chopsticks
7. Sunshine Ruby-Too Fat For The Chimney
8. Sunshine Ruby-I Wanna Do Something For Santa Claus

MEGA







6 comments:

  1. Bill Boyd was better known as my first TV hero - Hopalong Cassidy!

    Nice collection - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Boyd was Hopalong Cassidy? I had no idea... He's right up there with Gene Autry and Roy Rogers!

      Delete
  2. You're the best, dude! Thanks so much for all the great stuff - all year long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid collection! I love the Bill Boyd sides, but he's a different Bill Boyd from the Hopalong Cassidy actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that makes me feel better. Thought I'd missed something important there.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...