Friday, December 16, 2022

Canada RC-eh, Again

Here's another record from the mighty RCA that appears to have only been issued in Canada. It's a spoken word piece, lengthened a bit by what sound to be stock music clips, but it's good stuff. Paul Reid appears to have been a popular radio personality back in the day, and this LP gives you a good Christmas sampling of that voice. I'll also add that this was the one single record that took me the longest to get a good version of this year. There was a nasty radial scratch that caused a whole series of skips that seemed to be unrecoverable for a while. But I recorded it forward and backward a few times, then I was able to piece together a full version that appeared to skip right past all of the skips. I think it sounds just right, but if you have any problems with the way it sounds, I apologize. Having never seen one of these before, and ordering this one from Canada, I didn't think I could just wait around and hope to find another copy. This is Paul Reid's Christmas & The Littlest Angel (RCA Victor (Canada) KPL1-007, Stereo, 1974).

1. My Family
2. Christmas Decorations
3. Midnight Mass
4. Mom
5. Dad
6. Tradition Of Christmas
7. The Spirit Of Christmas
8. The Littlest Angel
9. From My House To Your House

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. That's very clever of you to overcome the skips. Lord knows I haven't the patience.

    The children on the cover look stupefied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It...took...days... And that cover illustration is a bit wonky, even in person. Probably supposed to be a bit homey, bit outsider, a bit something else...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...