Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Day, Not Night

I've mentioned it more than once this season, but I got a lot of records out of Canada over the summer. One of them was a Christmas single from Dennis Day that I've never seen before, and may have never been released here in the US. Dennis had plenty of Christmas music during his peak in the late 50's & early 60's, including a cool budget label LP with Jack Benny, but this Canadian record seems to be well after all that. I also threw in a US non-LP single that I had laying around, just to give you a bit more heft in the download. Enjoy!

1. Christmas In Killarney
2. That's What Christmas Means To Me
3. I'll Be Home For Christmas

MEGA


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. For being so nearby, there's a lot of stuff available in Canada that I've not seen here. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ernie! It's likely this 45 dates from 1963. The song "That's What Christmas Means To Me" was copyrighted 7/12/63, and the orange label matches Columbia 45s of this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking into that, it's good info. I would have thought it was later, but what do I know. :)

      Delete
  3. It could be later. But not by many years. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...